What is it?
Smart grid refers to intelligent electricity distribution networks that exploit digital technologies and telecommunications to improve the energy efficiency of the network as a whole.
How does it work?
It relies upon intelligence being put into every point of the network to optimize production, transport and consumption of electricity. The smart electricity meter is now at the heart of the smart grid to collect, transmit, and receive production and consumption data, bidirectionally and in real-time.
What does it provide?
A real-time adjustment in supply (production) and demand (consumption) of electricity leading to:
- ✔ a reduction in energy consumption and carbon emissions
- ✔ the smoothing of consumption peaks (power management)
- ✔ simplified integration of intermittent distributed generation (solar, wind, etc.)
- ✔ cost savings of up to several hundred billion dollars
A GROWTH MARKET
A strong global demand pending technological solutions
- ✔ In emerging markets where the development of power networks faces high demand linked to industrialization and the inadequacy of existing networks,
- ✔ On the markets of industrialized countries that need to integrate renewable energy sources to the network and upgrade their old power networks to smart grids.
- ✔ + 60 % worldwide Turnover + 60 % growth in global sales of smart grid technologies in the next 10 years
- ✔ 70.2 billion dollar market a market worth $ 70.2 billion in 2023
- ✔ +10% CAGR + 10 % annual growth for smart meters reaching 2 billion dollars in 2020
Rapidly deploy smart communication solutions for all types of networks
Because the quality of M2M communications is a development challenge, meter manufacturers are looking for solutions including:
- ✔ A large implementation simplicity to effectively deploy new networks and update existing ones,
- ✔ An attractive cost to promote savings and encourage the rapid adoption of these technologies,
- ✔ A reliable network communications for real-time adjustment of supply and demand,
- ✔ A true interoperability based on industry standards.
Gridbee Communications solutions benefits
✔ A Plug & Play turnkey communication solution , usable in first and second rises up and “Plug & Play” for the automatic creation of mesh networks between meters.
✔ The integration of a standardized and validated single process by energy suppliers (IEEE 802.15.4g Smart Utility Networks), offering the guarantee of an interoperable and sustainable solution.
✔ A technological advance of more than 24 months over competitors, offering a prospective short-term deployment of the technology.