What is it?
Industrial M2M (Machine to Machine) refers to the set of technologies that ensure communication between machines, without human intervention, in the manufacturing industry.
How does it work?
It involves associating information technology and communication to so called “smart” or “connected” devices in order to collect data in real time via a local network of machines, exchange data within the site and/or with other sites and trigger actions to regulate, adjust and optimize processes.
What does it provide?
Overall optimization of production processes for:
- ✔ significant productivity gains,
- ✔ an increase in the profitability of production sites,
- ✔ a real-time adjustment of production to demand,
- ✔ a reduction in operating and production costs,
A GROWING MARKET
A market in full (r)evolution, driven by the IoT global market
- ✔ An irreversible trend: more and more connected machines
- Already 30% rate of adoption of M2M in the automotive, energy and consumer electronics industries
- 10 billions of connected machines by 2018
- 974 millions of M2M mobile connections by 2020
- ✔ An ultra-dynamic market offering significant growth prospects
- A market of 60 to 80 billions of dollars by 2020, of which 55 billions for industrial M2M
- 14% CAGR estimated
The challenges of industrial M2M: more simplicity, more reliability, more productivity
Evolution of technologies is a requisite step in order to meet the expectations of market players and Industry 4.0 for:
- ✔ guaranteeing the reliability of communications,
- ✔ ensuring high speed communications to meet the complexity and the increasing volumes of processes and exchanged data,
- ✔ reducing delays and cost of implementation and maintenance of M2M and the infrastructure,
- ✔ allowing multi-site communication and optimize real-time production,
- ✔ developing interoperability of solutions with the existing information system,
- ✔ replacing wireless technologies that are too expensive (SIM card requiring a subscription) and/or unreliable (Wi-Fi).
Gridbee Communications solutions benefits
✔ An interoperable, turnkey communication solution , integrating radio, electronics, and network components, as well as software in one case. The “Plug & Play” solution automatically and instantly creates the network, connecting the machines and facilitating their integration into the existing information system.
✔ Reliability and high speed guaranteed, even in case of failure of one of the network points, thanks to technologies fit to industrial environments, such as a robust RF link and a mesh network architecture.
✔ Value for money that is unique in the marketplace with reduced deployments costs (20 times less than SIM and 10 times less than Wi-Fi) as well as the removal of communication costs.